For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
You are using a browser that is no longer supported by Microsoft. Please upgrade your browser. The site may not present itself correctly if you continue browsing.
All students are required by law to have appropriate health insurance for the duration of their studies and stay in the Netherlands. Please check whether your insurance will cover the complete period of your studies, and what type of coverage it consists of.

Additionally, students are advised to obtain an appropriate general third-party insurance (liability insurance). Please be aware that liability insurance is compulsory for non-EEA/EU students who seek a residence permit through the UvA. This requirement also applies to international AUC students without Dutch nationality.

We strongly urge you to carefully verify whether your insurance coverage will extend throughout your entire period of stay abroad and what specific type of coverage it provides.

For more information about the various insurance options, how to acquire a policy, and other practical matters, such as working during your studies, relevant to insurance in the Netherlands as an international student, you can refer to the link provided below.