University Sports Centre
Fitness, speed skating, tennis, aerobics, swimming, dancing, golf, and even parachuting: the USC offers more than 70 sports and activities at discount rates for UvA students and staff.
The USC's main building, the Universum, located in the Amsterdam Science Park, is open seven days a week and boasts a large gym, several halls, a climbing hall, squash courts, a dojo, a sauna and the sports bar 'Eetcafé Oerknal'.
There are 5 USC annexes:
- Sportcentrum Universum, the main location at Amsterdam Science Park.
- USC Tennis & Padel in Amsterdam East.
- ASC, the AMC sports center next to the AMC hospital.
- Amstelcampus sport & fitness, the fitness center at the Wibautstraat.
- ClubWest sport & fitness, in Amsterdam New West.
- USC Body & Mind, our yoga center in Amsterdam East.
In addition, the USC organises activities at specialist venues ranging from swimming to salsa dancing and from baseball to horseback riding.
The UvA has a Top-class Athletes Scheme specifically intended to provide top-class student athletes with assistance and financial support. For more information see the UvA website on top-class athletics.
AUCSA Catch committee
The AUC Student Association has a sports committee, Catch, which organises opportunities for AUC students to play sports and do fitness together. You can join them or follow along with witch sports and events they organise at their AUCSA Catch committee page
If you are interested in joining a student sport association, then you may be interested in one of the associations or clubs below.
Amsterdam Lions (Lacrosse)
This lacrosse club has men’s teams and two women’s. Many of the lacrosse club members are students.
Radioweg 71 1098 NG Amsterdam
1098 NG Amsterdam (Sportpark Middenmeer, near Science Park)
- Amsterdam Horseback Riding Club for Students
- ASAC (Amsterdam Student Mountain Climbing Club)
- Aquila (Amsterdam Student Athletics Organisation)
- ASCRUM (Amsterdam Student Rugby Club)
- A.S.R. Nereus (Rowing club)
- A.S.S.V. ESPRIT (Amsterdam Student Fencing Club)
- ASZV Orionis (Sailing)
- A.S.Z.V. SPONS (Swimming)
- Basketball Club Schrobbelaar
- BLOK (Equestrian sports)
- Chip & Charge (Tennis club)
FC Urban (football)
From now on the opportunity to play football whenever you like. No obligations to a fixed team, just play football when it comes to you, at your time. We take care for the organization: Referees, football, bibs and the goals
- JAWS (Water Polo)
- NUTS Ultimate Frisbee Club
- Okeanos (Rowing club)
- S. IJ. V. A. Thor (Ice Hockey)
- SKITS (Biking, Skating & Ice skating)
- Skøll (General Amsterdam Student Rowing Organisation)
- SKV Amsterdam (Korfball)
'US Badminton is a badmintonclub in Amsterdam aimed at students and alumni. Besides our trainings. and competition games (which we take seriously), we have plenty of room for free play and socialising (which we take just as serious). The effect can be seen in the atmosphere around the trainings and activities that we organise besides badminton. Many a friendship and relationship came out of it. Around 60 of about 90 members play in the competition, varying from 5th regional class (beginners with several years experience) until the 4th national division (advanced players).'
Tweede Boerhaavestraat 10
1091 AN Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 752 2905
University Sport Centre (USC)
The USC, sport centre of the UvA and the HvA, is open seven days a week and offers more than 70 sports, activities or classes at an affordable price. In addition to Universum, there are six other USC facilities throughout Amsterdam.
Science Park 306
1098 XH Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 525 89 55
- US Handball
- US Volleyball
- UvO (Volleyball)